How much do you pay your babysitter per hour?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• It really depends on the childrens ages that she's watching.It should be more for younger children and less for older.It really depends on the sitter though.
    Britney

Answer by Britney at 5:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• This is coming from an experienced baby sitter and a mother of one 7 mo. old son and a new arrival due in December 2008.
    I spent 5 months baby sitting for a family, and because I knew the family well, I only charged $100 per week for almost full time care of three kids. MISTAKE. It was a lot of work to watch someone else's children, and the parents were not good house keepers, so I ended up doing housework, they didn't ask for this but I got sick of looking at their filthy house.
    My advice to someone who is going to hire a baby sitter is to pay them what they are worth, and FAIRLY AND ON TIME.
    For instance, for three children, I would now charge no less than $6 an hour, more is there was other work to be done.
    KELL342

Answer by KELL342 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2008