Home Baptisms?

Has anyone ever done there own baptism? me and my husband are toying with the idea of doing a dedication with our church (our church would perfer not to baptize without her consent) and then doing our own intamite baptism in the mountains, in a stream with a couple of really close friends and family.that way she can choose to get a believers baptism in the church later when shes ready? i need some feed back.

scanamey77

Asked by scanamey77 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that doing both would satisfy your church and yourselves. I hope you have a lovely ceremony!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We did in Church Dedications, had Grandma and Grandpa and family there. When our children get old enough to accept the Lord and make the decision of Baptism, then they will be.

It is a personal relationship with Christ and not one I have the power to do for anyone. The dedication was very nice and the pastor wrote them personal letters and gave them a bible. It was very nice .. our whole church said they would help us with our children and always set a good example. You know the old saying, it takes a village to raise a child.

Hope that helps ...
    MommyAdvisor

Answer by MommyAdvisor at 8:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't know about baptism but my daughter and I did a Wiccan blessing ceremony for my grandson at home, in front of the small altar in my bedroom. It was quite lovely and included an anointing with rose oil and lighting candles for him. I think of baptism as a human creation, not a bible-based one. Go for it. It may turn out to be more meaningful to everyone in the family if it is made personal.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• yeah me and my hubby does Baptisms in out home. IN THE NAME OF FATHER SON AND THE SPIRIT... so go for it .. Jesus just wants your sins to be watched away AS THE BIBLE SAYS... It dont matter if dont matter where you do it at.... God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009