Discharge vs. mucous plug?

Today is my due date, and all day today and most of yesterday I have been having think yellowish white mucous discharge. I know that as you get closer to delivering your discharge can increase in amount, but I've been having A LOT of it. It isn't tinged pink or brown though which I've read that the mucous plug usually is, but could it still be it without being pink/ brown?

tegansnowflake

Asked by tegansnowflake at 8:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never noticed mine was gone, so I couldn't tell you.

I'm probably one of those women who lost mine a little at a time.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It may be coming out a little at a time. The chunks that came off of mine were unmistakably mucus. When I lost the large chunk, there was no blood. I had SO much discharge toward the end, I thought my water had broken! I actually had a false alarm to L&D because of it! Just keep in mind that losing your mucus plug isn't any indication of when you'll go into labor, but I know it feels good to feel like you're progressing. Hang in there! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2009