im 17 and hoping to have a natrual birth...

ill soon be having my baby and im proud of myself to go this far..when its time to give birth i really really dont want an epidural or any kinds of drugs. i want to keep reminding myself that all the pain im going to feel is only 1 day of pain and its closer to holding my baby in my arms already after waiting so long.
is their other woman out their who gave a natrual birth and want to give any advice that helped them from the thought of getting an epidural/drugs?
i need all the help i can get because i know that when people make their minds on having a natrual birth they end up wanting to get an epidural. i really dont want to change my mind in the last minute.
thanks in advance. =)

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need great family support in the room and a GREAT nurse! Both can help you get through the labor when you really need that extra support. Good luck!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I hoped for my first to have no drugs....so the only help I can give you is to keep an open mind when you are actually in the situation. Your doctor should be able to hook you up with childbirth class that can help you find ways of working through the pain. I won't lie though, labor hurts really bad.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• So, what does you age have to do with anything? Lots of women give birth naturally.
    Anonymous

• I would look into the Old-Fashioned/Anti-mainstream Moms group here on Cafemom.....there are a lot of women there who have drug free births, even midwife attended births.

Also, for what its worth, I really think its great that you are trying to do what is best for your baby, and that you are taking responsibility for your own labor....a rare quality in the youth of today. I'm proud of you. :)
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 8:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Im due im 4 weeks and same with me, im going to try the all natural way. nO Drugs
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Oh and im 18! And kinda scared ill end up getting the epidural too. Which i hope i wont end up getting.
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well you can always scare yourself out of an epidural. Mine was terrible and I still have pain at the injection site to this day (2 years later) It also wore off anyway.

This time I hope to have a completely natural birth. Good luck with yours! I'm told it's very worth it!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well with my first I wanted and epidural cause i was sooooo scared of what the pain would be like and i got one and it was a horrible experience i still felt everything but couldnt walk alone for 2 days after!! With my second i wanted one too but he came to fast and i ended up doing it naturaly... it was so nice i had him and got up and walked outta the birthing room to my room and felt GREAT!!! I have had my last 2 natural aswell and soooooo glad i did!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• GREAT job on your decision to go natural! I wish I would have. You might want to look into this if you want to be a "natural" mommy.
    www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• OK so I'm not sure how much you can handle watching, but if your not squeamish you should take some time to watch "The Business of Being Born". It's a documentary done by Ricki Lake. I thought it would be super dumb, but I found myself mesmerized by it. It mainly focuses on home birth, but also natural birth. I have been a long time advocate for many many drugs during labor, but this made me question what I will do the next time we get blessed. Hope this will help. Good luck!                                                                                  
    mommyluvsphilip

Answer by mommyluvsphilip at 8:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2009