if your SO is addicted to porn..what can it lead to exactly?

i know someone just posted something about all this.but me and my SO talked about his addiction to porn. he has recognized it and wants to stop but cant. he doesnt like masturbate off it he just thinks women's bodies are amazing. it kinda bothers me because i think its sooo disgusting, but at the same time it doesnt. what can this addiction lead to in a relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• In my case, a divorce.

The porn addiction wasn't the ONLY factor, but it was a very large one.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Ever heard of Ted Bundy?
    Anonymous

• maybe...sounds familiar. who is that? btw my SO is like a reeeeeeeally great guy. no joke. but theres this and idk how to deal.
    Anonymous

• OMG i dont think he will turn into a serial killer!!! hell no
    Anonymous

• Oh c'mon ANON 8:34.... seriously, you think every guy that looks at porn is a serial killer. Wow. If your husband is looking at porn, what is the problem? As long as you guys still have sex, I dont understand....
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I can't count how many tojans i got from him being on porn sites. One night he told me my computer crashed. I staid up till 6am fixing my computer. He is not allowed to view it on the computer. Due to other issues i have now passworded the computer to further notice. But currently our relationship has hit an all time low and i don't know how long it will last.
    Anonymous

• I agree computer viruses lol seriously that s my big problem with it. Luckily we communicate pretty well and there are sites I approve of that are virus free and he has my ok to use.so in my case really the only thing it has led to is more bedroom time. It is very possible to have a healthy marriage when hubby looks at porn lots of communication is the big key, but i realize that this doesnt work for everyone.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 8:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No addiction is a good one.. and they do have rehab for it, but I personally think thats a little extream. How it will effet your relationship depends on how you let it. If it bothers you enough to cause problems you should problubly try to get him some kind of help. If I were in your shoes I would try to find out exactly what about porn and or sex he is addicted to. See if its something that maybe you can take care of possibly doing away with the need for the porn. Just a thought.
    It sounds like you really love this guy. If you really do then try to find a way to keep it from being a big deal.
    Anonymous

• Porn is porn, I enjoy it as well as my SO, We watch it together or separately. If the fact that he watches it bothers you, talk to him about it and if he's addicted... maybe have him get some counseling. I really don't think it's a problem unless your sex life is being affected negatively.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• You have to become his porn star. Try watching it with him and do everything they do on the Tv at the same time. If the girl on the TV is giving head then you do it too and when they switch positions follow suit. This will drive him crazy and make his fantisy a reallity. in short you will be his own personall star!
    Alex1084

Answer by Alex1084 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2009