what do people think of Surrogate who get paid big bucks to do it and who want to do it a couple of times

I want to be a surrogate and someone has picked me. well none of my friends get why i want to do it. i love being pregnant Im so happy when i am but i dont want anymore children of my own. so im going to be a surrogate. i want to know what other moms think of it. do you think its right for a person to do this and to get paid very well to do it....

SitterNotMom

Asked by SitterNotMom at 10:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think its okay. You are offering a valuable service to someone who other wise would not be able to have a child.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 11:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Good god pregnancy is such a big job I think getting paid to do it is fine. I think you would be nuts to do it free, lol. I think it is your decision and you are going to make some people very happy good for you. You deserve compensation for carrying a child for 9 months, keeping it safe, etc.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 11:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I think you are about to give some lucky couple the best gift there is!
    Don't worry about what others think...I have offered to be a surrogate for a friend who can't carry to term.
    As far as the financial compensation, between lost wages, possible PPD, and health risks ~ you'll earn it!
    Good Luck to you!
    emtmom4

Answer by emtmom4 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Do you have children? Is this going to be your egg? If it is how are you going to feel giving your child away? I don't think it is wrong however I do know you need to explore all of the avenues. It really does not matter what others think, what do you think. Are you married? How does your spouse feel about it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I think what your doing is absolutely beautiful and a tough job. You are providing a service for a very lucky couple so why shouldn't you be getting paid for it. I just hope that you keep in mind that at the end of the pregnancy you must give that child to the parenting couple which I would find hard because with pregnancy comes the closeness and attachment to that baby. Otherwise, what your doing is great:)
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• how did u get involved with surrogacy? i really want to be a surrogate, but having troubles finding out how to get into it.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 4:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• you want to help someone who can't have kids fulfil their dreams, whats wrong with that?
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• well i will do it for people whom are not bless to have one for themself cause god bless you to help other. but make sure its what you want.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a beautiful thing to carry a child for someone else. Don't worry what others think. The gift you give these people doesn't have a price.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 5:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• As long as you do not charge too much, and really take care of the baby in your womb, it's a great gift.

TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2008