Have you seen Hunger Games? Was it just too awful? (spoiler alerts)

I have cried and cried since seeing the movie on Monday. I cried and cried for Rue because her personality reminded me so much of my own daughter.

Rue was such an angel. I wish that I hadnt gone. The book stated that when Rue was chosen as a tribute her father attempted to get someone to volunteer from their section but no one would for his child. Rue was 12 years old and the oldest in a sibship or five (I think) I just loved, loved, loved her character and if I was still im my child bearing years I would name her Rue...

Was the movie just tooooooo awful or what?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2012 in Entertainment

• I was bawling like a baby when Rue died!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• My daughter age 15 saw it with her friends they all loved it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Have read all three books, waiting to go or for it to come out, have not decided. I am sure I will bawl which is why I may wait til its on dvd
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• My son saw it at a school field trip a couple of weeks ago. He loved it. He wants a pair of the shoes

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I'll wait for it to be on television.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I'm going to see the movie next weekend.

I finished reading the book last night. The book is so sad! I was bummed that Rue died so soon. I was hoping that she would stick around with Katniss for a little longer. I cried when I thought that either Katniss and Peeta were going to die. Peeta is my favorite.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I read a synopsis of all three, that's enough for me. I dont know what makes me sadder the fact that someone is killing others or the fact that its kids killing each other.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I saw it a couple weeks ago with a friend of mine. We both liked it, although I was bored here and there through the movie. Definitely liked the book better.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• the 2nd and 3rd book are very good, I read all three in 6 days. I could not put the 2nd down
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• We just saw the movie last night but I haven't read the book(s). The movie was okay, I bet the books are so much better, movies always leave out the details that make you fall in love with the characters in the book. I should have read the book first!!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 11:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2012