BMW or ACURA?

So my husband and I are looking for a new car. We are considering an Acura TL with all the bells and whistles(navigation sys etc.) or a BMW 325i They are both really nice cars and I cant seem to choose so my question is which one says "Hello I have arrived" when pulling up at work-picnics-parties wherever. We both work hard and can afford to spend some money on something that nice that we really want so this is our decision. ANy suggestions-thanks!

BusyB-Mommy

Asked by BusyB-Mommy at 8:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have no advice.

All I can say is must be nice.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would say Acura because even though you have the money reliability is still very important. Acura is made by Honda so the engine and all the working parts are very reliable and high quality. Also if you need it fixed or any small tune up regulars done you'll easily find a shop that will do it vs the BMW, you may have to take it to the dealer or pay an extra arm and or leg for a foreign car repair place.

Anonymous

• Believe me its taken some years to get here.! And some major credit repair to get a good enough credit score to be able to afford it with a good interest rate. My first car I had a 17.999 interest rate and basically I was paying the same price i will be paying for this new car but the old car was a little clunker. Its time for a major upgrade. at this point the bank is making major money off me. my car isnt even worth half of what is left to be paid on it.
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 8:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well, I guess, like the poster under me said, I would have to make the decision based off to the company's track record.

Which car retains its value longer, costs less to repair, safey record, reliability...you know, all that jazz. lol

I can't wait for the day when I get to make a decision like this...but I'm happy for ya.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Thanks! Im excited myself. AT this point I am paying way tooooo much for the Impala I have. My interest rate was ridiculous because my credit was so screwed. Now my credit is pretty good so my interest rate has now dropped more than half and I will be paying basically the same amt of money im paying now for a way nicer car. Just seems stupid when im completely upside down in the impala. I owe more than half of what its actually worth so at this point I need to get out of it. Just so happens they have something really nice in my range which is awesome. It is exciting.
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 9:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I personally do not live the ways BMW's drive. We had several new ones in the past years, Cadillac Escallade, (which I hated too), another Cadillac, a Toyota Camry (which I loved) and an Infinity, (which was okay).. Then we drove a BMW. It reminds me too much of a Volkswagon. I would definately go with Acura!
    Anonymous

• Thanks! My husband and sis said they like the acura too.
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 9:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Growing up my dream car was a BMW but now there are so many other cars that I would rather have. I love the Acura....go for it. Arrive in style and enjoy the ride!!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• BMW, because it is a rear wheel drive and easier to drive. They are both very nice. I also like BMW's interior a lot better than the Acura.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• BMW and by the CONGRATS isn't it nice too be able to do stuff like this I am happy for you!! We are in the same situation and like the two of you it took a lot of hard work but well worth it!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2009