Which one....

So i know this has nothing to do with relationships but this thread is the most active so Im asking here:

Pulling up in which car at an event(or anywhere) shouts I have arrived and is like a status symbol

1. Acura TL
2. BMW 325i

I plan to trade in my old car that im paying an arm and a leg for due to a high interest rate and can get either of these cars becuase I have repaired my credit enough to pay basically the same payment. Just wanted some opinions. I like them both then again what isnt to like but I work my ass off and I do feel like saying it in my car now. I feel its the least I can do for myself plus its not costing me much more so i might as well go for what i really want. Just asking your opinions ladies. Thanks!

BusyB-Mommy

Asked by BusyB-Mommy at 9:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Personally I wouldn't get either. I would spend less on a car, but make sure I have other niceties in my home life. You want on of these go for it. Congratulations on your hard work it does really pay off.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Acura TL!!! i used to love BMW's but lately everytime i pass an acura im like ooo i likey! oh its an acura haha
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't get either one. We don't go for flashy cars just to have car payments. We just bought a very nice 2008 Chevy Equinox and we paid for outright. I don't think your car is your status symbol. But that is just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I agree with coala.

This whole "status" symbol and "keeping up with the Jones" is just silly to me.

Save money on the car and put the rest away into savings.
    Anonymous

• I agree, I would definately save the money, ESPECIALLY the way the economy is going.
    Anonymous

• The Acura TL and if you have worked for it and can afford it you deserve it! Some people on here are just so mean when they are jealous!
    Anonymous

• If I had the money I'd get a Lincoln Town Car...to me they are like "butter!" I drool when I see one. I don't know either of the cars you mentioned. I'd say buy whichever one makes your heart go pitter pat and enjoy. You made the money, have fun!

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Thank you all for your opinions. As for not going for flashy cars for payments everyone has their own opinion and pocketbook. It just so happens that I can afford to drive a car I really want to drive. A car is not a big deal to me but since my credit has improved so much my interst rate has dropped to more than half of what it is on the car I have now so I am now able to drive something I really really like and pay just a little bit extra. I'm sure almost anyone would make that change if they could. Im very happy and excited. I originally just wanted to trade for something with less miles and newer. So it just happened to work out but if Im going to choose I want it to be the one that says yes I work every single day and yes my hard work is paying off for me. I wasnt looking for a "flashy" car. Just so happens I can afford one now and Im definitly cool with that lol...
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 9:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• putting the money away is not an option anyway. i already pay the payment each month and will be doing it for another 3 years. I am already upside down in a car thats worth less than half of what i still owe for it. the smartest thing to do at this point is trade it in. im just lucky that my credit improved so much that my payment will be basically the same a difference of about $25. Thats a couple less lunches! It just makes sense. I originally was going 2 get a newer car with less mileage and some better safety features and got thrown for a loop that just happens 2 really work in my favor. and actually the dealership is working with me a lot. they gave me $3000 more than my trade in was even worth then dropped money off the 2 cars just to keep my payment about the same. i will be walking out of there much better off then when I came.
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 9:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i've always been frugal so i would probably not get either one even if i could afford it cause you never know what the future holds. thats just me. i don't know either car and i'm never with keeping up with the jones. i'm confused what you said does not make sense:

I plan to trade in my old car that im paying an arm and a leg for due to a high interest rate and can get either of these cars becuase I have repaired my credit enough to pay basically the same payment.

wouldn't you still be paying an arm and a leg which you want out of. humm. doesn't sounds very smart to me. at least by what your saying.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009