Hard to wait for a 2nd child, how do I cope? ...or do I really want one afterall?

I'm about to turn 29 and mom to a 4 1/2 year old son. I have always wanted 2 kids....but now that my son is about to start school, I'm not so sure. It would not take much convincing to get me to say yes to a second child because mostly, I'm just tired of paying for daycare and diapers. Anyway, my son is the product of a failed marriage. I would like to have a child with my parner (hs sweetheart), but will not be able to for at least 2 more years...until the daycare I'm paying on my son is at that of a school age child. I didn't think my partner really wanted another child (one of his own). He certainly didn't want any when we were in high school. Anyway, I have had the yearning for another child for over a year now. The other night he talked about having one of our own, but like I said, we can't for a couple of years. How on earth can I wait that long? I don't want to sacrifice my lifestyle for another child.

Lethal232

Asked by Lethal232 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• sounds to me that you shouldn't have one if it's going to "sacrifice your lifestyle"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Hi:

It sounds like to me wanting another child outweighs not wanting another one. You can make a list of pros and cons. which ever outweighs the other, there is your answer. The best way to make the decision is to pray about it and folow your heart. Hope this helps.

Marjorie DiCarlo
    MommyMarjorie

Answer by MommyMarjorie at 9:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I guess it's more like I feel like I'm waiting a long time for a lot of things that will never come. I wish I could have a baby right now, but I need to wait. I just sort of feel like it's making me crazy.
    Lethal232

Answer by Lethal232 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You just have to decide if you really do have to wait that long. I am 23 and am having my third. I figure it is easier to get all of it out of the way at once. Lol. The closer in age the closer the children will be and when you are done you are done all at once instead of little bit by little bit. So just decide if you really have to wait that long and if you do then you do. Technically you would only have to wait for 15 months...you are pregnant for 9 so wait one year and 3 months and then you will have a baby in 2.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2009