I have never been on my own. Besides rent what all do I have to pay the first month?

moving , cost

raynebeau2

Asked by raynebeau2 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Depends on where you are moving and what they require. Security deposit, first and last month's rent, utilities, pet deposit, etc.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Depending on what your landlord pays for you... You might have to pay a deposit for water, electric, gas, oil, and/or trash. I've had landlords that paid for some of that and landlords that paid for none of it. If you live in an apartiment then usually you just have to pay for electricity and you don't have to pay a deposit. If you rent a house then you might have to pay for all of it (not always but sometimes). You generally have to pay a deposit if the electric or water was shut off until you moved in.

Also most landlords want you to pay a security deposit (usually the cost of one month's rent). If you have pets you sometimes have to pay a pet deposit ontop of that.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Like these ladies said it does seem to take alot to get started with the deposits. So the first month will be the hardest.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009