Would this have ticked you off and hurt your feelings?

Here is some history first!

So our Aunt Chris is not very close to my husband they haven't got along very well. And anyway she has done some very hurtful things to my children such as giving out Christmas gifts and leaving my kids out infront of the other kids. Although she gave us a honeymoon but it was mainly everyone who pitched in and it was not where we wanted to go since we went there about 20 times! Anyway she is a travel agent so she could have sent us anywhere. But I am upset because I was so excited to throw my sister in law a baby shower and have been for 4 months now. And so I posted on facebook any good ideas for a baby shower. And our other aunt who is the sister of Aunt CHRIS just told me that actually she is planning a big baby shower for her and that her friends can come since she lives closer to her house. It really made me sad and I just want to cry honestly! It hurts me she always does this!!! Instead of talking to me and seeing if I can be apart of it she like snags it from me. My other aunt said I should call her. But she never answers my calls or emails!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 6:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2012 in Relationships

• So I am just bummed out now! Because I already talked to my sister in law and she was like aww that's so sweet Ash! Anything you do You know I will love! But I think my sister is going to be sad when she does find this out since I wont be the one giving the party.

Gas is so expensive and I have my 3rd baby on the way I am a SAHM And now we have to go 3 hrs away and I don't feel my aunt Chris cares for us she might but maybe she is just that way. Oh well! lol Should I say anything?
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Your aunt is a b@*%?... You need to confront he about this
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 6:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• It's rude I was soooo excited about throwing the baby shower I even talked to my brother in-law! Because I also felt that it should be me! The sister it's my nephew being born and anyway she just told the whole family they are doing it at her house. So I really get no say.
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Your feelings are hurt because your aunt wants to give HER sister the baby shower? Doesn't sound like you and your aunt get along so I would limit contact. Since you are aware of how she treats you and your children why continue to put yourself in those positions?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Meooma My feelings are hurt because OUR aunt wants to give MY sister a baby shower when I already made arrangements and plans for it 4 months ago! And was so excited so I even made the arrangements and colors and decor with my sister and brother in-law it was my first party to ever give! And OUR aunts how many? I'm sure she has thrown multiples over the yrs for her own sister and friends! I'm also disappointed that she made her 17 yr old daughter get an abortion at 5 wks 2 days the day before her 18th b-day! :( Selfish in my eyes, but not my business! That's true I almost don't want to even go! But that would hurt my sister and it's not about me It's about My sister it's HER day!
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Tell SIL the truth that good ol' auntie stepped in and squashed the plans without you knowing. (it saves you money). Go to the shower and be a big support and do something special for her and perhaps don't tell aunt! Like a spa day or bring something kind to the shower (my friend's sis asked us for a picture of all her friends with the bride to be, then we wrote a blurb separately about bride and it was bound in a book). Bride loved it. Your Aunt is rude and ridiculous, consider moving on. Doesn't seem like they are treating you with a lot of respect.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I'm glad I didn't already buy all the supplies. But maybe my sister will tell her that I am already doing a large baby shower in June. :) Hopefully she also see's hurt from our aunt so I am not the only one which helps for others to see.
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• oh, YOUR sister...sorry I misunderstood. Yep, then I agree, she's a bitch.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Thank you jeanclaudia. I know it! I wish I was treated with more respect but yeah I guess I will just go and smile and have a good time anyway! But like I said maybe my sister will decline and say oh thank you Aunt Chris but my sister is already doing one in June. I declined a friend of mine when My Mom told me they were doing a surprise get together for me at a reunion :) I respected everyone's feelings and no one was hurt :)
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• LOL Yeah My sister I could def understand if it was her sister who is like 55 yrs old haha, but yeah my sister inlaw never thought she could have kids so it
    's such a huge moment for her. They tried for like 2 yrs,
    Hesmynavyman

Comment by Hesmynavyman (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2012