bored and its too cold outside

Ok ladies..any ideas on what to do with my kids at home thats cheap, creative and simple for my 5 and almost 4 year old to do since we are stuck inside during the winter???

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 10:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• cotton balls, q tips, a roll of scotch tape and a box of band-aids. I'm serious! My son LOVED this stuff! Yes, he had like over $1,000 worth of toys and I swear he spents more HOURS on a cotton ball, q tip model of I have no freaking clue what it was.
    But this cheap stuff saved my sanity during those long winter months!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Coloring in a coloring book or either pop some popcorn and watch a movie.
    NE-NE21

Answer by NE-NE21 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i would hit a craft store and get some things to help keep them busy. I work at one and we have a ton of stuff on clearance that we loads of fun.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• We like to make homemade chicken and flat dumplings, and I roll out the dough and give the kids plastic knives and they cut the the dumplings and carefully put them into the hot water. They think it's the greatest thing.
    nikilyn

Answer by nikilyn at 8:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Try making playdo, set up a puppet show,if theri not past that stage.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I made some play dough out of baking soda and starch, and let my 2 yr old daughter roll it, punch it, cut it out with cookie cutters. She made a mess, but it actually held her attention for a good hour, which isnt easy for me to do with her. My 12 yr old niece had the best time with this too. You let it dry out a couple of days and you paint it next or sparkle it up with glitter, throw a magnet on back and give to the grand parents to put up their art work on the fridge.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009