Did you see the Super Nanny episode where almost 5 yo twins wear diapers?

The parents had two sets of twins almost three and almost five. They drank out of baby bottles and wore diapers to bed so the parents could get a good night sleep. The almost three year olds sat in high chairs and were fed baby food. What were these parents thinking? I can't imagine they were normal people. It just didn't seem normal. What did you think? I love SN.

happi-ladi

Asked by happi-ladi at 10:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Lazy parenting isin epidemic preportins all around us today like never before...may President O can make JO part of the cabinet ..sec. of Parenting skills
    Anonymous

• I watched it...I was appalled!

MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 10:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I watched it to and I was like OMG when I saw the oldest kids drinking out of a bottle! Seriously!!!! Oh and running down the street and cars are zooming past.....it scared me to watch it!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• laziness pure laziness
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• That is so sad. (I usually watch the show, and I must have missed that one!!) Those parents are just plain lazy and the children are suffering because of it. Just think of all the developmental milestones that those children are missing?
    Sadly my neighbor is exactly like that. Her daughter is 4 and still wears diapers full time (has never used a potty) and drinks out of bottles (has never seen a sippy cup!!) I feel so bad for her! It is because her mom has 2 younger twins that she is struggling to raise, so the 4 year old has to suffer.
    Anonymous

• That's sad.... lol
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 10:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I watched it. I love Super Nanny. When she talked to one of the older twins she said that she didn't like wearing the diapers to bed, but she HAD to. I think that it is laziness on the parents part for not making sure that their children are hitting the proper developmental milestones that they need to. Come on bottles and almost 5. Really!!! Jo turned to family around like she always does.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I was appalled at the baby bottles and baby food, but SS wears "diapers" at night because he wets the bed. He is 10. Yeah, I think it is retarded and hope he grows out of it soon (but we have been hoping for five years now). The thing is that he was never fully potty trained at night. And at one time his mother took him to a psychologist who said he wasn't wetting the bed because of trauma from the divorce (IMO if its from any kind of trauma it is from his parents ever being together to begin with) and then to a medical doc who said it was mental not physical (though no tests were ever done) and he gave her a script for some bed wetting drug but she was saving money for a trip to the Caribbean and couldn't afford to get him the pills.
    Anyway, I though it was lazy of those parents, but until SS stops wearing "diapers" then I won't judge that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• :( i missed that one where can i catch it?
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• so normal healthy kids wearing diapers and drinking out of bottles at 3 and 5? Man they possibly may win the title of worse parents. Or at least in the running. How lazy can you get. Did Jo rip them new butts? And annon there's a difference putting kids to bed in diapers at night cause they aren't pysically able to stay dry all night (yes some kids are bedwetters until they are close to being preteens) and putting kids in diapers cause your too lazy to get up or be woken up by kids having to go potty.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009