Non fishy tasting fish?

I don't like fish but am trying to incorporate more into my diet since I need to lose ten pounds. I find even halibut and wild salmon a little fishy...Is there anything that isn't?

Asked by jeanclaudia at 10:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Talapia is not very fishy.

Answer by iwicked at 10:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Halibut shouldn't taste fishy. If it does, it's not good.
    That's the only kind of fish I can eat. I hats fish too.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Where do you live at OP? Do you have access to FRESH fish. By fresh I mean 2 hrs old at the least. The fresher the fish, the more mild taste you can get.

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Tuna. Mix it with mayo, plenty of onions, celery, and pickles. You might be okay.

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• But I do agree with iwicked, I hate fishy flavor and I absolutely love Tilapia. White fish also has a very mild flavor also. If you can do it, the spicier you make the fish, the less fish taste you will get.

Red Snapper has a great firm texture with a sweet taste, and does not have a fishy taste either. Red snapper is the most common caught fish out there. I ate it all the time while I was in FL. I actually went deep sea fishing and caught it. Doesn't get much fresher then that!

I like this..

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• The fresher the better. I was also told at one time to soak fish in buttermilk for 24 hours and then cook it how you like (broil, grill, pan fry.... etc). I have done this several times with various fish and every time if it wasn't for the texture I would have sworn I was eating chicken. You can make buttermilk too by mixing 1 cup regular milk with 1 tbsp or lemon juice or white vinegar. I have done this a couple times for this and other recipes too and it came out fine.

Answer by aeneva at 10:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Baked Red Snapper With Garlic... one is my fav

Here is a list of what fish is strong tasting and whats not...

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• whiting

Answer by smiley745 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• talapia, it's the only fish i'll eat b/c i don't like seafood

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Wow, look at you guys! Thank you so much for the thoughts and recipes! Yes, I live on the Puget Sound (can see it from my window) so I have Pike Market and Fisherman's Terminal at my doorstep...Which makes me wonder if it's just me who has a real sensitivity to fish...
    I agree about tilapia but the Costco stuff comes from China (after MUCH research) and is I'm not into farmed fish from China. Love the recipes and buttermilk idea. Thanks so much ladies! You rock!

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2012