Please tell me if this makes sense to you. (kind of a vent) adult content

Ok i believe that everyone has their own opinions, and i'm all for standing up for your beliefs. that being said i dont know about everywhere else but here lately in my town there have been these "vote for marriag signs" that really piss me off.
1. they dont want you to vote for marriage they want you to vote against marriage. they want you to vote against letting 2 people in love pronounce there love to one another for ever.
2. if they REALLY believe that they are right, if they REALLY believe that the only acceptable marrige is between a man or woman then WHY is THAT part of the signs and billboards, so small that i, with perfect vision, cannot but barely see it. every other letter on the bill boards and signs are bold and large, the line where it says "one man one woman" is so small that until like 2 days ago, i thought it was a red underlineing, and these signs have been up for like 2 months.
if you believe in something you wouldnt be trying to hide it... you'd be shouting it from the rooftops, that would be the BIGGEST part of the bilboard not the smallest.
so i guess my question is basically whats your view on my take on this?

2breath2live

Asked by 2breath2live at 1:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• When it comes to same sex marriages I'm all for it
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• It's a sneaky tactic, but we are talking about politics. Politics is a very dirty game. Both sides know that most voters don't inform themselves like they should, so both sides take advantage of that and advertise accordingly.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Just playing devils advocate, just because the state says they will not legally recognize a marriage, that would not stop me from getting married. I could still get married and profess my love to my spouse, I don't need the state to recognize it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• As far as marriage is concerned, it's just a great example of why the government needs to stay the heck out of our business! What gives them the right to say who can and cannot get married, between two consenting adults? Or even 3 or 4? I'm always ranting about how the Supreme court should not be able to dictate how we live, in our personal lives. (so long as we aren't harming anyone else). Is it really a free country when so many can't marry the one they love and are devoted to?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• In my state there is a movement that objects to the DOMA---Defense of Marriage Act. The DOMA is FOR marriage between man and woman only.
    We have bumper stickers that say NO. against the DOMA. We believe that marriage should be for anyone who is in a committed loving relationship.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• I don't need the state to recognize it.

You do if you want your wife to be allowed to visit you in the ICU, have any say in whether or not life support is continued, any say in your funeral arrangements, and any right to your property after you die. Or you can pay thousands of dollars to attorneys to get individual pieces of paper setting up powers of attorney, wills, trusts and the like for every circumstance you can think of, and hope you don't forget any.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• The signs sound sneaky to me and I can't say that I am a bit surprised by their tactics.

As far as not needing the state to recognize a marriage goes, I agree with what NP wrote. It's very important that they are granted these rights, so legally they have the same legal rights as a married man/woman couple has. I still don't see why some people make such a big deal about gay marriage. What is the harm in giving them the same rights as everybody else? Gay marriage is harming absolutely no one, it's not detrimental to society, it's none of those things. That's why I always say religious dogma has no business in the government and laws should not be based on the teachings of any religion.

Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2012