• In the Spotlight:

Help with morning sickness please!

Has anyone used the preggie pops for morning sickness? Do they work? Is there anything else that works? I've tried saltines, 7 up, gingerale, the nausea pills (dr prescribed them but swollowing pills make me sick and the taste of them if ground up makes me sick, even in food) I don't know what to do...... Any suggestions?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 10:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't think the preggie pops didn't seem to help much but just having something all the time in general helped. I always had jolly ranchers and gum on hand. The other thing that worked for me was eating a little something every hour and NEVER letting my stomach get empty. I also had to take BONINE if we went anywhere because I got worse in the car. Hopefully you'll find something that works for you!
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• switch ur prenate to 2 flinstone vitamins thats what was making me sick
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I've already switched my vitamins and the flinstones make me sick too.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I used ginger bread.
    fjoachim

Answer by fjoachim at 10:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• ginger is REALLY good at getting rid of morning sickness. you can go to sprouts or henry's and get the dried ginger or get ginger altoids.. those are harder to find but they are great. i was sick for 5 months until i started using ginger and nothing worked for me either ( 7up, saltines, etc) i've heard that preggie pops work but they're expensive and if you have constant sickness it'll rack up.
    tegansnowflake

Answer by tegansnowflake at 11:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I ate alot of popcorn...It dissolves on the way down. Lol. Nothing helped my morning sickness, but it only lasted like 4 months. Oh and foods that are easy to throw back up help too. May as well make it easy on yourself. I could sometimes keep down instant breakfast. Not at first but by my second month i could mostly keep it down. If it is any consolation I only had very slight morning sickness with my second child, and none with the current child in progress now. Lol. It gets better...just hug the tiolet til you feel better.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• ginher will help,also papya enzme, and my doctor also prescribed vitamin b6. also something that made me really nauseous my first pregnancy was the fish oil caps(for omega 3 and 6) If you are taking fish you might try flax oil caps instead. Why flinstone vitamins the are not formulated to give you the right amount of what you need. try also switching types of prenantal vitamin you might
    find one that lessens your nausa. Maybe a vegetarian derived one, who knows.I hope something works for you Its misrable being sick all the time.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• dont let your stomach get empty ever...that is what i had to do. i always kept some kind of snack on me and i was literally snacking like every hour or so, especially when at work. i kept cereal at home so i could eat it as soon as i got home before trying to figure out what to eat for dinner.
    hopefulsynclare

Answer by hopefulsynclare at 11:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i tired EVERYTHING, including prescriptions. i was sick for 7 months (then 4 months) and gained only 18 lbs with each pregnancy. (thats the only positive, i guess) the only thing that worked for me was ALTIODS peppermints and gum. still had some nausea but it was under control witht he altiods.
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 12:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2009