Do you or have you ever had an eating disorder?

What was it like and how did it effect you? Did it effect your fertility?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I was and always will be anorexic. It is not something that magically goes away, it is something that you have to work to control and not regress back into. The doctors said it may effect my fertility, but I was able to have 1 child. Sadly I am not able to have any more at this point and I am only 25 years old.

Anonymous

• Yes I had one and I don't know if it affected my fertility because I did have a baby but it was a long time before I got pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Oh and it still affects me mentally a lot. I still hate how I look and obsess over it.
    Anonymous

• when I was 13 I had bulima then i had anerexia when i turned 19 I got addiceted to laxitives i have lost 4 babies and i have 2 right now but it was hard conciving i still take laxitives eating disorders never go away there always there.....i have to take the laxitives now cuz i cant go to the bathroom on my own it is bad and i regret doing it
    Anonymous

• yes, and i had to lose weight in order to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• In high school I had what I think would be termed disordered eating. I would eat very few calories, 500 or less per day and take laxatives and vomit to make up for the few I was eating. Towards the end of high school I discovered marijuana and it was great! Except for the 100lbs I ended up gaining (no one ever says pot will make you fat, just stupid, and well, I earned three degrees while stoned) Anyway, I had to do a lot of thinking about myself and my body and it turned out that I loved my body more when I was fat. Smoking pot was one of the best things that I ever did. Though it was hard to lose the weight at first, once I got to a point where I accepted myself it just melted off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Oh, and I can no longer take laxatives and it is very hard for me to actually vomit......
    Anonymous

• does that include trying to gain weight? if so yes
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2009