Most say it isn't about race but most can't say why so can you?

Most people that don't like Obama, say it isn't because he is AA that they don't like him but most can't give legitimate reasons for why they don't like him and some people truly hate him and have wished harm on him and if it isn't about race please enlighten us on why you who oppose him have so much disdain towards him.
He has a lot of supporters because he offers the American people something we haven't had in a long time, hope. He speaks along the same lines of Martin Luther King Jr and he too, offered hope to ALL not just AA people but to everyone which is what Obama does, so that makes him wrong in your eyes? I really would like to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I like Obama as a person I'm sure he is a nice man and if he were a Republican, I would have more in common with him.

I personally do not think he has the experience to lead this great country and I'm very concerned about the safety of the United States of America.

Obama is Democrat and I do not share the views from the Democrat party, such as abortion and the war are some examples.

The people voted and now here we are... God help us all....

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I dont hate or even dislike Obama.I just do not agree with his views.The only thing I can agree with Obama about is that this country needs change.I just dont feel he is the right person to help it along.
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 10:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i dont hate him either i just dont like what he agrees with and im against abortions and hes not if he can make the united states better than im up for that but how can he???
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I agree with his views completely.
    fjoachim

Answer by fjoachim at 10:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't think that is true. I am an Obama supporter and I have seen many ladies here give reasons why they don't care for him. Obviously I disagree with them but they do have valid reasons from their POV that have nothing to do with his race. There are always those whack jobs who think he's the anti-christ or a Muslim terrorist but they are not the norm.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• People have valid opinions of their own as to why they dislike or like him.. and every time someone says they don't like him people have to throw out that it's because of his race.. I don't agree with that at all.. some don't like him because he's a democrate, some don't like him because of some things he is said in his campaign... me personally, I don't dislike him, I just think he is to optimistic. He has to be able to pass things through the senate and house, and he may get some ideas through, but I know not everything is going to get done. I think he filled people with too much false hope, and that is why I didn't vote for him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I agree with Friday, there are some that have many valid points for why they feel Obama isn't the man for the Presidency.  I do hope that he comes through with some of what he said he could do and that he proves the naysayers wrong.  There is no way he can come through with all of the things he would like to in 4 years as it didn't take us 4 years to get where we are now.  I said this in another question he will not make everyone happy, that can never be. I often wonder how many people not realize that there were more people that felt he could do the job than those that thought  he could not. 

Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 11:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I think he's a radical socialist who associates with radical socialists and has been influenced by socialists. I don't think socialism is the answer for our country. I don't care what color anybody is.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 11:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I wish Colin Powell or Condolisa Rice had run for office.
    Anonymous

• "most can't give legitimate reasons for why they don't like him "
    Have you even bothered to read a single question in the last 3 days? Seriously?
    He's a Chicago politician (fyi - that means CORRUPT not black). He does not consider Iran a credible threat. He supported immediate troop withdrawl (though he's since waffled on that). In the debates, while McCain explained how he intended to gut government spending until it hurt, Obama presented 6 more things he wanted to spend money on and dodged the actual question of how he'd cut the budget, while also unable to answer how he'd pay for the new things. He just reapproved corrupt spending with ZERO prior investigation. His appointees...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2009