How many of us sin daily? What's your biggest sin?

Lust – to have an intense desire or need: “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).

Gluttony – excess in eating and drinking: “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” (Proverbs 23:21).

Greed - excessive or reprehensible acquisitiveness: “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more” (Ephesians 4:19).

Laziness – disinclined to activity or exertion: not energetic or vigorous: “The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway” (Proverbs 15:19).

Wrath – strong vengeful anger or indignation: “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Proverbs 15:1)

Envy – painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage: “Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation” (1 Peter 2:1-2).

Pride - quality or state of being proud – inordinate self esteem: “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18).

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 8:29 AM on Apr. 14, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in the concept of sin. My appetite for sweets has not been good for my body--I'm 60 lbs. overweight and have diabetes. Yet I still can't give them up completely. I can crave a certain cookie for weeks until I give in and go buy some. Our bodies are geared to eat, sleep, and have sexual desires. These aren't sins. They are human.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2012

• Sin is a socially constructed notion simply to boost our own self perception by avoiding blame (can't be accused of sin like homosexuality cause they're not so it avoids being targeted) and trying to gain credit by discrediting others, thereby increasing our own self perception and holding ourselves as superior to others inorder to give us an identity in a social/cultural setting. The "sins' you list here are simply from one culture whose aspects have been adopted by other societies.

Now if I were to list the two I am most guilty of according to the parameters listed and in terms of the socially constructed Norms of Christianity, they would be Laziness and Pride!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• I don't do greed, wrath or envy and I couldn't do gluttony if I tried.  

Everyone is entitled to a little laziness and there is nothing wrong with a little lust or pride.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• We all sin every day in some way. I don't think any sin is worse than any other in God's eyes. To us, sins like murder, adultery, and theft would be probably the worst. I think as long as we are keeping Christ first it is harder to mess up. For example, it would be easy to hate my ex and wish he were dead but if I stay focused on God's word then I can look at him as a brother in Christ and can forgive him and even wish him happiness......................as long as he stays away from me, lol. Christ has to be the focus if we want to curb our sinful natures. In scripture, it says that we are covered in the blood of Christ and that in the Father's eyes we appear white as snow.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Well, maybe not every day, but I do tend to unleash the "wrath" at certain times of the month! lol :p And while we're on thattopic, that does lead to days of chocolate "gluttony"! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• All of us sin daily.
    My biggest sin....hmm...laziness as evident in the amount of time I spend on CM, gluttony without a doubt I eat too much every day, wrath absolutely daily as I hate my boss, envy yeppers I want what YOU have,...
    I'm a disaster.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Well, laziness for sure, gluttony (especially during that time of the month), lust, occasionally envy and wrath. I have been known to lie, also been to known to be prideful and I recall a few greedy times. I know I use His name in vain (I try not to, but it still slips out), I have been known to not honor my father and mother. By the Bible's terms I was an adulterer, before I got married.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Im sure im about to cover Gluttony with the kolaches my dh is gone to get, that will cause another sin, lazyness...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Meooma, you made me LOL so hard!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• I'm pretty lazy sad to say, but ive been trying to work on that anyway. And I'm a glutton one day every November.
    .Mama2Girls.

Answer by .Mama2Girls. at 9:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2012