How do I deal with the disappointment if my baby is a girl?

I am having my ultra sound to find out the sex of my baby at the end of next week. I'm nervous because if my baby is a girl everyone is going to be disappointed and my baby will be given less attention by one side of my family. I think this is horrible. How can I express my feeling that a little girl is just as special and wonderful as a little boy?

At this point I feel like I would cry if it's a girl because of the way some of my family is acting. Not because I would be upset that it's a girl but because I know my baby will not be treated the same way a little boy would be. Have any of you been through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your family should love your baby the same no matter what the sex is, thats horrible that they would love it less if it were a girl
    Anonymous

• Be glad fi you are lucky enough to be blessed with a little girl. You might not think so until you have one. If the other side of the family feels like being petty and dumb let them. I know how hard it is to feel like you are being alienated, but the baby is the important thing. I am still upset that this pregnancy is another boy. I have one girl and one boy, and another boy on the way. I would get my tubes tied if this one was going to be a girl, but since it is a boy I think I will hold off for a little while...That is what a girl enthusiast I am. I vote you tell the haters to shove off that you will love the baby no matter what...Maybe be ready with important women through time...lol
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i cant belive ur upset that ur having a girl, be happy u can have kids, if u dont like the sex give them to someone who wants a baby, im not talking to the op just the pp
    Anonymous

• a boy*
    Anonymous

• harsh
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• THANK GOD YOU WILL HAVE A HEALTHY BABY.MY FATHER DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME BECAUSE I WASN'T A BOY.I AM NOW 39 DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT FEEL.
    Anonymous

• It's clear that some of you ONLY read the question and not the information under it.

What the heck is wrong with you people? Telling me to give up my baby because of my family's issues? Talk about harsh...
    Anonymous

• im going through that but they will always be treated diffrent because they are diffrent people but im having the first grandson on both sides of the family and i felt a little pressure but my parents love my daughter and i dont think that they will treat her any diffrent then her little bro but my mother in law is a diffrent story she is hateful anyways but gl
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I know what you are say...you arnt going to be upset if it is a girl your other side of the family will be and that makes you scared so you think it is better to have a boy and i understand...how come your family feels this way? im sorry , this must be sooo hard on you but just think that boy or girl as long as it is healthy it is a mircle and thats what you need to tell your family I know it is hard because family is such a big influence but you just need to stay strong and once they see that girl (if thats what the baby is) im know they will love it unconditionally! good luck hun
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It really will be to bad for your family. Enjoy your baby. Feel bad for those who would choose to not enjoy such a joyous addition to there life. Blessing to you and your new baby momma!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2009