Baby and Work

I hate my job, I hate my job, I hate my job. My son is going to be three months Feb 2....all I want to do is be with him and my loving husband....I hate my job...I can't stop thinking about going back to school...I hate my job.....I can't go back to school till I fill out my FAFSA and that can't happen till my 2008 taxes are filed...I hate my job....anyone else go through this after their maternity leave was up? Wanting to be home all the time no matter how difficult it is with baby, wanting to be with your husband all the time? I'm going crazy. Every time I have to go to work I'm beyond miserable. Yea...btw, I hate my job.

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You poor thing... how do you really feel about your job? With me, I was ready to return to work, I enjoy my job and was feeling lonely at home... although I HATED leaving my baby.
    Is there anyway you can work from home doing something else?? Run your own business? Do an in home daycare? They have groups on cafemom for people that would rather be a stay-at-home mom and work from hom... maybe they can help you.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I totally understand! I'm scheduled to go back for my first day Monday... my son will be 3 months February 6, and I just can't stand the thought of working full time when I'd rather be home with him. I'm also thinking about school- I filled out my FAFSA based on 2007's taxes, so I can get started at a community college in the spring. You could try that. Maternity leave is not long enough!
    TysMom110608

Answer by TysMom110608 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I went through the same thing and some mornings it still breaks my heart to leave and she is 15 months old. I try to focus on the positive things about working and block out the negative like the extra money, and the time to myself however minute it might be. Hey, you get to pee alone which I never get to do when I am home..lol. I also tell myself this might not be permanate. WHo knows where I will be in 5 years. You never know right? Just stay positive. It will be okay.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009