Can some one please help me?

I am 39 weeks and 1 day my stomach droped very low and im starting to feel alot of presser in my abdominal area is there any thing i could do to make my baby just hurry up and come out already im sooooo tired and i jus don't know what else to do can someone please help? Is my due date right my last period was april 20 2008 the doc told me i concieved may 9 2008.

NE-NE21

Asked by NE-NE21 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i heard have lots and lots of unprotected sex that works but it sounds like you will be having your baby soon congrats and good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• take a walk or have sex........i had sex to enduce mine it worked like 20 mins later i was having contractions. I know it sounds ackward and is probably the last thing on ur mind but it helps
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 11:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• walking, sex manly being on top cuz it can break the water if you are dialted but other then that hun all anyone can really do is wait.....your dr is right your last preiod on april 20 between 12 and 17 days after that you ovulated making it may 9th! if you havnt slept in 24 hours they will induce if thats what you are willing to do!! good luck hun we all know how hard it is!!!!
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• also semen has a chemical in it that softens the cervix im telling you it just works lol
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 11:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i have heard that castor oil works, but Dont use it unless you have talked to your doctor, and you are willing to have diarea. there are also a few other home type things that you can use, but all of them you should talk to your doctor. if you want to know more ways just google and type in how to induce labor natrually. thats what i did. they have lots of sights that can tell you differant things and how effective they are.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i am in the same boat. i am due tomorrow. i have had a few nights of contractions after sex like 2 and 3 minutes apart, but they always go away. i have been walking, walking on the beach and eating pineapple and nothing. its a pain i know. i am worried he is going to take forever to get here, but i am hoping that my previous contractions have at least softened things up so my labor will be easier.
    hopefulsynclare

Answer by hopefulsynclare at 12:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• This was on one of my babyfit emails
    "Papaya also serves as a natural way to soothe the heartburn experienced during pregnancy. The papaya enzyme that helps soothe indigestion is called papain, or vegetable pepsin. Papain is found in the fruit's latex and leaves. A fully ripe papaya is not considered dangerous, however a papaya that is the least bit unripe contains a latex substance that is believed to trigger uterine contractions and may lead to early labor or miscarriage. Researchers have noted that unripe papaya latex acts like prostaglandin and oxytocin, which the body makes to start labor. Synthetic prostaglandin and oxytocin are commonly used to start or strengthen labor contractions. "

babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Continued--
    "It is best to avoid fresh papaya early in pregnancy unless you are 100% certain of complete ripeness. Later in pregnancy a ripe papaya can assist with heartburn control. If your Dr. has recommended natural methods for induction after 38 weeks of pregnancy, eating a slightly unripened papaya may be just the ticket." Tanya Jolliffe, Babyfit Nutritionist

- this is the quote from babyfit I am not personally saying try it but it is up to you
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• to induce labor put pressure on the space of the web of the thumb and index/pointer finger its a tigger point in your body to induce labor and dont put pressure there otherwise.....I'm a massage therapist ...let me know if that works for you
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I read that babyfit.com article, too. Give it a shot! The big things are walking and sex. Try to do what's comfortable, and keep away from the cohosh and castor oil! =) Spreading some labor dust your way!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2009