I am a single mom and have one child. How do I get over the fact that I won't have anymore children?

I don't think I will meet the right man. Is there any moms out there that gave up and then found someone? Did you have children?

I guess I am sad because ds is starting pre-school next month. I am losing my baby. It makes me sad at this new phase of his life & my life.
:-(

mommasunflower

Asked by mommasunflower at 11:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• i went thru that 2 dont give up hope there are plenty of great guys out there and unless ur in menapause there is still hope for another baby p.s. my baby is starting school in septemebr 2 :'-(
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 11:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well, first off... why do you need to find the right man to have another child? Women have kids on their own every day. LOTS of women spend 10, 20+ years waiting for the 'right guy' and finally just say "screw it!" and have babies on their own.

Secondly -- you have no clue what the future holds. Four/five years ago, we were struggling to put food on the table --- literally. I'm talking going to the food bank and everything. Now? About to make my final house payment & buy another one.

So no.. don't give up on finding the right guy for you..... but don't think that you can't have more kids if you never find him, though.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• do online dating it is great for asingle mom who cant get out much i met my boyfriend onling he has 3 kids and i have one. I live with him and he is awesome. Don't give up i went from a total abusive prick (my daughter sperm donor) to mr wonderful (my daughters daddy) in just a few months.. One rule to never break NEVER NEVER NEVER SETTLE!!!
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• *raises my hand*

Had my daughter, then had four losses with my ex. Came to terms with the fact that she'd be my only. Left my husband when my daughter was six. Married my husband a year-and-a-half later. Five months after that I was pregnant with the two year old that's sitting here sleeping next to me.

You just never know.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i was a single mom and had resigned my self to raising my son by myself and having no other kids
    then i met my now hubby and i have four kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You never know.

BUT....I *do* know that I won't have any more children. I decided that I neeed to stop thinking about what I wanted and to be happy with what I had.

Except for the homework thing...the school phase is more fun than the baby phase. If I had it to do over again, I'd skip infancy and toddlerhood. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• im totally with ya there!! im 26, always have been and seems like always will be a single mom, my daughter starts kindergarten in sept, and yaa..it sucks!!!!!!! i havent even dated ONCE since my daughter was born..and that was almost 5 years ago!! nothing!! its so lonely! i looove my daughter, shes my world! but yaa it would be nice to find a guy to share this life with..maybe one day!! ive almost given up tho..seems like im just destined to be single..frickin sucks!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My kids are 24, 18, 12, 7, and 1. One deadbeat for the 24, one loser for the 18 and a keeper for the other 3. Don't give up!!! It can happen for you too! I kissed some frogs to be sure, but this last one is my Prince!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had finally come to terms with being single mom forever when my daughter turned 5 (I was 25). I figured I would never get married or have more children. I decided to get my tubes tied, but my best friend talked me out of it...I agreed I would wait one more year, but if I hadn't met anyone I would get them tied when I was 26...well I met the man of my dreams and I turned 27 today, with a beatiful 6 year old and 9 month old twins!! Thank God my bestfriend talked me out of that one. You never know what the future holds!
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 5:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Thanks for the insight, cafemoms! I appreciate it. You take the good/with the bad & just keep praying! ;-)
    mommasunflower

Answer by mommasunflower at 9:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2009