C-section with baby #2??

I had an emergency c-section with my first a few months ago. We're not wanting #2 for some time, but I had a dream where my first was a year old, and I was going through another c-section...(not sure if it was emergency or not)...and I was so scared. Scared because we didn't know if it was going to end up being a natural birth (I've never gone through that so I wouldn't know how it feels), and scared that it could be a c-section (knowing how it feels before/during/after). Did anyone have that first c-section and then just schedule your second child as a c-section? Or did you just let it happen naturally. I've always wanted to experience the natural childbirth, and I know I want child #2 when that time comes...but I'm scared either way now!!!!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first child was vaginal, my other 3 were all sceduled Csections. As long as you're healed from the previous section, it's usually fine to go for a Vbac... but do be cautious. You can develop a lot of scar tissue. With me, I had so much that I was in labor & didn't even know it ---- ruptured on my previous uterine incision. I just lucked out that my surgery was scheduled for that day.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• aww hon dont be scared.. when the time comes for you to plan #2 talk to your doctor about a vbac... ( vaginal birth after cessarean) if you didnt know... and you can do a lot of research on it, to prepare you for it... my grannie had 3 csections in the 50's ... i had one 6 months ago, and it was the best experience of my life... cause the bottom line hon, is that you get a baby out of the end of it...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I had baby number 1 & 2 by c section then I had baby 3,4,&5 by v back. You have to do what is best for you but the recovery time is much faster with the v back then the c section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Don't talk to your doctor about a vbac, talk to a midwife.
    And join a natural birthing group - Birth is Normal is a good one on here if you're SERIOUS about natural birth, and learning what actually constitutes an emergency (many "emergencies" aren't actually emergencies..)
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have to disagree with Liyoness a bit - a midwife would be good, but you can also find doctors that are supportive of a vbac. Just interview and get to know your OB... especially since you have time. My doctor is all for having a vaginal birth whenever possible - I say this holding my 5 day old that I just had vaginal breech (practically unheard of now with a midwife OR doctor). Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2009