Does anyone know if you can choose the hospital you have a planned c-section at?

I had the worst birth experience of my life with the delivery of my first son. An emergency section was needed and the hospital I was at treated me so terribly due to my situation at the time that I can't imagine going back, but I have recently moved back to the area, and that hospital would be normal choice. Everyone tells me that since I am older now and my situation is so different that the experience will be nothing like the first. I stay up at night worrying about whether I will be forced to go there again.

Lovemybabies885

Asked by Lovemybabies885 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it depends on what hospital(s) your OB works at. generally you go to which ever hospital your OB will be at...
    Anonymous

• I'm not even a fan of my doctor. I just don't want to have to have the surgery at that same hospital again. I'll ask my doctor I guess. Hopefully she won't take too much offense.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You can choose an OB practice that has privileges there.

You have options~   it can be tricky to discover them sometimes.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Your OB should be asking YOU where you want to deliver. That was all part of the Q&A at the very first visit... and then again towards the end to make sure I hadn't changed my mind.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I live in redneck-southern-podunk-nowhere and they don't let us make no decisions like that for ourselves...Kidding. Well with the grammar. They really don't think anyone around here has preferences. They tell you and that is that. It is ridiculous. If you do know better and should happen to say something then you are a raving lunatic. Sensibility = Speaking in tongues. lol. I'm just going to ask my dr and see if she can set it up for me to go elsewhere, or at least for me to start dealing with whomever will be performing my surgery.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009