What size does your 2 year old wear?

DD turned 2 in January, is on the small side but we've noticed her size 2t shirts are getting too short. And forget 24mos! They show her tummy lol. But in pants she wears a 2t but they have to have the adjusters pulled almost all the way in.

Asked by rhianna1708 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the tiniest little baby girl, shes 24 months and wears 18-24 month clothes but 24 months is big on her. Im actually having to pin all her 24 month clothes so her pants will stay up. Her shoe size is seven. She has long feet.

Answer by HmschoolingMom at 3:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• My 21 month old wears 12 month clothes unless they're long pants, then she needs 18 months for the length. Even the 12 month bottoms I have to have taken in in the waist - good thing my mom and mil are excellent seamstresses! My dd is only 19 lbs, so very tiny but perfectly proportioned.

Answer by missanc at 4:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• My 3 year old is in 24 months, but she is both skinny and short. My oldest who was taller, I had a much harder time finding clothes for her. Her waist is a 2t and she's almost SEVEN. She has to wear a 6 or 8 for them to be long enough, and they just fall off of her. We have to buy "skinny" jeans or "jeggings" (which are loose on is kind of pathetic LOL). You might be facing this battle for a while if she is the tall/skinny type!

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• For some bizarre reason, most manufacturers make toddler shirts too small & pants too big. My almost 2 1/2 yr old wears 3T shirts & 2T pants (with 3T dresses for length).

Answer by 3libras at 6:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• My DD is 18 months and she is now wearing anything from 18-24 months. She wears some 2T stuff too, some a little baggy, but for the most part she is good. She used to be really small for her age, so I am glad she has grown (at her first birthday she was wearing 3-6 month onsie and a 3 month skirt).

Answer by AF4life at 6:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• My youngest is 2 and 1/2 and in pants wears a 3t and shirts 4t

Answer by Syphon at 7:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• I'm glad to see I am not the only one with a tiny baby girl! DD is 24lbs, long and lean. We have always had to buy clothes for length. She has a few 6-9mos skirts and pants that would still fit if they were long enough.

Comment by rhianna1708 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• my ds wears a 3t in almost everything but can wear a 2t in shorts, just not pants b/c they're too short (same with 2t shirts)

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• 24 months

Answer by Love2event at 2:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2012

• he turns 3 in July but has been in #t for the last 6 months

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2012