Remember when....

The Catholic Church got busted for pedophilia? Do you still attend Catholic church? Or do feel its okay and doesn't happen in your church?
Just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Church is a money making scam. We do not go because our wallet is empty and we cannot afford to pay for our seats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My aunt's priest was investigated and put through the wringer for 2 years. After all that investigation and time and money, the facts did not add up, and his accuser finally admitted that he was never abused as a child and just wanted to cash in on the accuse your priest of raping you trend. The headlines about that weren't nearly as big as the ones about the accusations. Wonder why that is.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• The "church" did not get busted - individual priests were found guilty.

No one needs to pay for their seats at church - that's rather glib.

I am not Catholic but I admire both those victims that came forward and those that still regularly attend.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had left the Catholic church before the whole pedophile thing. What scared me the most was initially the church just moved those priests to other churches and didn't inform the new congregation about the history of the priest. Trying to save face for the church, or so they hoped.

That whole incident was mishandled.

Any priest who abused young children should be locked away in prison just like the rest of the pedophiles.

I am so glad I am not raising my children Catholic, there are many reasons but hypocrisy is the biggest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• The biggest reason this is considered a scandal is because the Churches covered up a lot of these claims way before it was made public, because they were embarressed by what these individual priests were doing. They would have been better off coming clean up front and dismissing these individuals immediately and turning them into the proper authorities.. rather than covering it up like a bad secret. That is why there is a lot of people(not all obviously) no longer attend Catholic Churches. Had the truth been told from the beginning and those found guilty, prosecuted, there would not have been so many issues, and further cases could have been avoided.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2009