For those married or in a committed relationship for 2 years or less...

What was the first thing that attracted you to your mate?
Is that factor as important today as it was then?
What did you learn about relationships as yours progressed?
What about your relationship do you think is most important?
What factors do you think have contributed the most to keeping your relationship going?
What advice would you give people who are considering getting married?

iamnotarobot

Asked by iamnotarobot at 5:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• His personality, his intelligence, then his looks. I met my SO online.
    They all intertwine into a handsome package. His personality and intelligence are very important factors to our relationship. His looks are just an added bonus and damn I am blessed! ;)

I learned how important patience, understanding, compromise, equality and unconditional love with clear communication keeps our relationship stable. And, honesty is appreciated greatly as well as having so much respect for each other.

For someone who is ready to take that next step, honesty and clear communication is clearly important in a relationship as well as having similar views on controversial matters. Having the same moral inventory, same or similar beliefs, and having that bond brings unity

onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Think real hard before you decide to get married, make sure he is the one you want forever and aren't going to leave. Also be done with sleeping around, talking to Ex's and doing kid things.
    texasangel3

Answer by texasangel3 at 4:58 PM on May. 30, 2012