Why is it that some hospitals let younger children go in the room with the parents but others dont ...it makes no sense.?

because unforunately i have my doctor which he only has all his pregnant patients in one hospital and i want my 2 year old with me ...and that hospital doesnt allow them in the room. Some of my husband's cousins recently had babies and there hospitals allowed them in the room. I think it's stupid that some have that rule and others dont!!!!

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • thanks for the comment
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• There is usually an age limit. Two is pretty young IMO, but women who homebirth have all their children around. So....whatever... maybe your friends kids were a little older?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have no idea... maybe its a stress reducer kind of thing for you..giving you a few daysto get to know baby or whatever before the other LO's come to meet him/her...I personally had like 10 people come to see me when I had my lilttle guy and itwazs SO overwhelming..
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Homebirth might be a better option if you are serious about having the little one attend.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• thanks for the comments and taking time to read this
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009