ITS A BOY...right?

So I went to the ER for some cramping and dizziness, and they found nothing wrong, just a UTI, but they did an U/S and said its a boy (if someone can tell me how to post a pic on here I will), but I thought it was a little too early to tell the sex? Also, the ultrasound put me at 17weeks 2 days instead of 16 weeks 0 days, and the 17 wks adds up to my last menstrual period, so should I trust that one? The U/S tech at the hospital is the same one I will be going to for my 20 week U/S so I figure I can trust her judgement right? Any thoughts?

P.S I know that U/S are basically an estimate, and all but since it adds up to my LMP should I go with that one?

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• the organs develop at about 13-14 weeks, doctors just wait until 20 weeks to do the US so that it's more visible.

if you are told girl, there's always a chance of undescended testicles, but with boys, if there is a penis & testicles showing in the US, it's a boy :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• well boy testicles up here outside of the babies body at 3 1/2 to 4 months in to the pregnancy
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Don't trust ultrasounds. Period.
    I didn't even get an ultrasound with my second daughter, but sometimes I wanted to, just to hear what kind of crap they would tell me about when she was "due" - I knew the EXACT day I had sex because my husband works away all month, he was only home for 2 weeks, and one of those weeks I had my period..

Just trust your body- baby will come when it is ready, it doesn't matter when the doctors predict.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i heard that a correct ultrasound it can be done at around 15 weeks.. BUT Dr.s wait until 20 weeks just to be sure .... but yeah, it could be right
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 1:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Liyoness is right that just because a doctor or ultrasound tech gives you a due date, you shouldn't necessarily trust it. A baby will come when it will come. However, I think the person to listen to most would be your O.B. He/she is the person making sure your baby is healthy and cared for. If there is a conflict of dates between your ultrasound tech and O.B., bring it up to your O.B. He/she should be able to answer your questions.

As far as the sex goes ... if it looks like a boy, it's probably a boy.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 1:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• haha my us tech told me it was definitly a boy as he reached down and yuhhh grabbed it :) hahaha my doctor moved me up 2 weeks because my son was measuring HUGE at his 20 week he said he could have moved it up 3 weeks but said we'll only move it up 2 cuz some baby's do measure a little large...
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2009