Witch School Teachers

Hey I am looking for teachers for Oakthorne School of Witchcraft (here on cafemom). If anyone feels that they would be a good teacher or knows another member feel free to apply. (We have lots of student applications but not enough teachers. So I guess the question is pagan moms, do you feel that a formal online college type school is a good idea?

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 12:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "do you feel that a formal online college type school is a good idea?"
    I can see where that could be really helpful, but at the same time I can see where it could go really badly too. Some bad information could be passed, possibly on purpose. Someone with a working knowledge of Paganism could pretend to be helping in order to mislead those starting down a Pagan path. Have you ever seen those articles by people who have been saved by Jesus after practicing Wicca for several years? They have the desire to that kind of thing & could feel that the ends justified the means. That is just one example of how I think it could go badly. Of course if the students understand that they are simply getting the information that one particular, self-styled witch wants to give them & remembers that they should seek several different source & think critically, I think it could be a valuable experience for both student & teacher.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Wouldn't it best to ask in a witch group or something? This is too bizarre.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• "A witch group or something" LMAO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I've been Pagan for almost a dozen years.

I've studied many paths, many histories, many forms of divination.

I have taught/mentored in the past...but 1 on 1, not online.

PM me with more details, please and thanks!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Anon: How is this different than asking about online bible study groups? It is a religious forum, is it not? She has every right to ask this question here.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 3:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Thank you DEpley, but anon if what you meant was that I might find better resources in our pagan forums, I thought about that but thought that this was more public and therefore more women would see it. I would hate to pass over a valuable teacher just because I posted in a group she had no access to.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I love how people make snide little comments and hide behind anon....

I got your invite to apply as a teacher (not ignoring you just really busy). At this point I would probably be more comfortable as a student thought I am completely honored. :-)

Do you have room for 1 more student app?
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have studied solitary witchcraft for over 11 years now, tarot divination for about 9 years, and would be honored to teach at your school. It might be the first time in my life that anyone actually listens to me, LOL! Message me the details, if you think I might be suitable.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Im not teacher material, but could spread the word for you when and if you have a banner available. Just PM me :) Good Luck!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have been a practising Pagan for 10 years now, and feel I have a solid grounding in the basics as well as some of the more esoteric trads. However I am not real good at explaining what I mean, so I probably wouldn't be a good teacher. I would love to jump in with an answer from time to time though, or to offer a differing viewpoint, or from another angle.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2009