1cm dilated and 0% effaced

i went to the l&d for really bad and close contractions last night (they gave me my 3rd shot to stop them since 28 wks)
i am 36 weeks as of today
well they told me that i was 1cm dilated but not effacing
is this possible??????
also i was in the shower and i was cleaning down there (my lower parts)
and it looked like i had blowen my nose but it was from down there wut is that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like the mucus plug but it doesnt come out till when the baby is about to
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• probably your mucus plug it is totally normal and could mean your going to go into labor or it could mean nothing all bodys are different i dident lose myne at all that i know of
    kellygurl87

Answer by kellygurl87 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Labor is just around the corner sweetie! Even if you are not dialated or efaced at a doctors appointment, you can go home, lose your plug (or not) and have labor in the next week. Just keep walking and doing squats. All to open pelvis and bring baby down. It will happen when ready.
    Carebear38

Answer by Carebear38 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I'm not a Dr. so I don't think I can answer that..
    Everyones experience and discharge is different. You could consult a Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yea you can be dialated and not effaced. and that sounds like it was your mucus plug and that doesn't mean you will go into labor soon, i lost mine at about 30 weeks, and im not havin any signs of goin into labor yet (36 weeks). good luck with everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• yes it possible.

and it may have been either your mucuos plug, or discharge, especially if they have checked you recently.
    Anonymous