My 10 month old daughter wakes up 30 times a night literally every time I rock her back and place her in her crib. I've tried to let her cry it "out" but she just gets worse and worse. I'm starting to dread the nightime does anyone have any advice please. Thanks EVER314

How can I get her to sleep through the night without crying it out?

EVER314

Asked by EVER314 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried co-sleeping?
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 1:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Ya I wish I love to cuddle. She just fidgets and whines my beds kind of lumpy.
    EVER314

Answer by EVER314 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Read the 90 Minute Sleep Solution by Dr. Polly Moore. It helped us a lot! One of the great things I learned was how important napping is for night time sleep. Sleep deprived babies (from not enough day time sleep) will have a harder time sleeping at night. She isn't against CIO but she gives so much info that you wont need it. It is really easy to read too.

Good luck!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley is another possibility.

One thing that I found...solids before bed were a guaranteed problem. So if you're giving them, you might try cutting them out.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• it might be because she may still be a little hungray, and if thats the problem you can get her this formual called enfamil, with rice in it. Her little tummy will get full enough where she will be confortable to go to sleep. If its something else try rubbing her tummy or back really softly sometimes helps them go to sleep. I know my son loved it when I did that to him, he always went right out.
    mommiesboobear

Answer by mommiesboobear at 3:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Co-sleep.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• If your bed is lumpy, get a new bed. It's not good for YOU to be sleeping in a lumpy, uncomfortable bed. Believe me- it's worth the purchase.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would work on getting her to sleep without you needing to rock her.... so she learns to self soothe and fall asleep on her own.
    Try getting her sleepy and putting her to bed awake... and then rather than let her CIO, stay with her and try to soothe her... sing, stroke her head, pat her... and hopefully she will drift off to sleep. If she fusses... leave her there... if she crys you can pick her up and calm her down and start over again. The first night is the longest (start on a weekend) but each night gets better.
    If she wakes at night if she is just fussing let her fuss she might drift back to sleep... you can go to her if she crys. But I would let her cry for a little bit (doesn't even have to be more than a minute!) I have found with my son he will cry out at night sometimes for about 30 seconds and then go back to sleep... I used to go in and pick him up... but I don't think he really needed me at those times.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2009