• In the Spotlight:

Teething or new richer foods?

My 21 month old has been throwing up a little bit here and there the last few days. But tonight she woke up coughing and gagging more than usual which led to her vomitting more than usual. Now she has been getting her incissor teeth in and I heard from my mother that they will make them gag or even throw up a little bit. Which may have been the cause of it but there is one more thing... She tried new foods this evening like fresh mozzarella and proscuitto. I am not sure which caused the throwing up.

daisy25420

Asked by daisy25420 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take the food out of the diet temporarily then, teething can really upset the stomach but there are plenty of remedies tat can help and are natural, unless you want to go thru it the tough way. wait til babies in top shape and then add try food again
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 5:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• When our son would get bad sinus it was not uncommon for him at that age to cough and vomit at night.
    Certain food allergies or sensitivities can cause mucous production.
    I agree that you should probably take some of the new foods out for about a week and see if she gets better.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009