MOPS?

Anyone here attend MOPS? :)

pwfaith

Asked by pwfaith at 12:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• I did shortly after taking custody of my grandchildren. It was okay, but I found a great deal of hypocrisy in the group I was attending so I dropped it. An example one morning we were discussing being christian mothers in all that you do whether the kids are artound or not. The discussion was great, very uplifting. An hour later in the parking lot I'm bent over buckling carseats and I hear two Moms saying "that is so f*cking stupid. Are we still going out tonight?" The other Mom repied "hell yeah, I'm gonna get all f*cked up" That was my last day there.
    Anonymous

• Although it is a Christian organization and meets in churches you have to remember not everyone that goes is christian. I was a small group leader for a while at the group in PA I attended. I would say about half my group did not attend church at all and did not claim to be Christian.
    I'm on steering for our group for the upcoming year. We have intentionally picked speakers and topics that everyone will be comfortable with, not just Christian moms b/c we want the non-Christian moms to be comfortable there too. We have a good number of non-Christians in our group here as well. So I don't think it's really hypocritical, unless they were the group leaders, in which case I would report them to the church or MOPS Internations asap.

I'm sorry your experience wasn't that good though.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My kids were all much older when I learned about MOPS. However, I did have the pleasure of hearing Elise Morgan speak at our church during a Women of Virtue conference that was held there. She's an awesome speaker who certainly delivers the message of Christ and has certainly learned to tap into her God given gifts. From what I know from friends it sounds like this group is a blessing for many.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 3:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Before my son started school, I was always looking for something local for my son and I to meet other moms and kids. Now that he is in school (starting 1s grade in August), I guess its too late to be in a mops.
    jene26

Answer by jene26 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Haven't started here since moving. Used to be on steering team...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• it is Christ-BASED but not everyone there is Christian much like in a church...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2008