Have you ever freaked out or jumped the gun! I did BIGTIME (embarrassing moment).

I was sick all week with the flu and was just starting to feel normal, it rained this morning and my brother came over to put a load of clothes in the dryer, my mom and my son were watching a move in his room. I went to my back patio and saw steam coming off off my roof because after the rain the sun came out and this usually happens...... but wait!!!! This is WAY too much "steam" it looked like smoke, I looked at the neighbors roof and no steam, I looked even more at my roof and then even smelled it and it smelled "electrical"! I came inside and the attic cover looked fine, when I went back out even MORE "SMOKE"! I F$% freaked out - called 911! As I walked to the front and frantically trying to talk to the operator my brother says"look at the other houses"! yup all this steam/vapor coming off the roof but 911 said they still had to check it out! I have never been so embarrassed in my life!! Any embarrassing moments like that?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL Oh thats wonderful! I'm sorry! It sounds like something I would do! I freaked on a teacher for being a Jerk not long ago, and it turned out my stuper smart self forgot the stupid attachment in the e-mail... Yep I felt like a mega jerk. But it all got cleared up and all is good again!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 2:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• LMAO... my ex sister in law did something like that but it turned out that she had fell asleep and forgot that she had a pot of beans on the stove....
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• God love them but these darn firemen were laughing when they were walking out of my house. Even though I told 911, OMG nevermind! they still came out just to fricking laugh at me. Not to mention I was ragged looking, no bra, make-up (which I need! and we were having jammie day today, my voice is hoarse, they probably thought I was some druggie or something lol!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• LOLOL..im soo sorry but i have to laugh at that! sounds like something i'd do! thanks for making me laugh today!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I moved to Indiana for college (19 year old girl from Southern Cali) anyway, I saw a fire in someones back yard and called the fire dept in a panic....I didn't realize that people in the Midwest burn their leaves!! I was super embarassed when I firemen showed and explained what was going on to me!
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 5:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• LOL..megmckn..the fact that you're from SoCal alone is understandable..i too am from SoCal..so iget why you automatically called.lol..all of those damn wild fires a million miles wide!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009