best type of diapers. does any one use clothe diapers

i really wanna use clothe diapers b/c they are the best for rashes and have no chemicals etc but wanna get some people's opinions on how they really work and how you clean the poopy ones i am only 11 weeks preganant not but want to get it figured out b/c i know they can ve expensive at first but cheaper in the long run. what about seventh generation disposibles?? thanks

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cloth diapers are great....ignore the naysayers. You don't need a diaper service, and it's not that much extra work.

I do cloth diaper laundry every two to three days, and have a diaper sprayer for the poopy ones. When he was strictly breastfed, the diapers don't even need rinsing, they just went into the dirty wetbag.

I use seventh generation disp. if we are traveling only. They don't have the chemicals in them, and supposedly won't take as long(500 years?) to break down in the landfill. I have a journal on the benefits of cloth, if you are interested.

A great site to check out is diaperswappers.com. You can buy new/gently used diapers and children's items there, and find what you like.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• We don't use cloth diapers. BUT we use those swaddlers by Pampers. And her rash is GONE. She had it bad too, bleeding and sores. We started using corn starch and the swaddlers.
    tsc2007

Answer by tsc2007 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• if u think that u can deal with washing and drying EVERYDAY then go 4 da cloth diapers...they certainly are the best for the reasons you've stated..but u should also consider what u'll use when ur out...if they work 4 u then that's great!!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 1:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Unless u have a service that is going to wash them for u it is going to take alot of time a new baby is going to use alot of your energy i used luvs they were a good diaper and are not very expensive!!
    momof4blondboys

Answer by momof4blondboys at 1:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• We use cloth and love it! So easy and so cheap. Plus, I love a cute little cloth butt. My son is 16 months and has never had a rash OR bleach against his bottom like there are in disposibles.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• If you're motivated to do all the laundry required for cloth diapers, do it! Personally, I hate doing regular laundry, and I know I won't want to wash diapers every day. So I'm sticking to disposables. I use Pampers or Luvs the most & they're both great. My son doesn't get rashes very often, but when he does, we keep the area clean & dry, and sometimes we let him run around naked.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I use pampers swaddlers and they are really good. I have huggies that a friend gave me and they are just to heavy and bulky. Also for diaper rashes I use bordex butt paste, its great.
    armymommie08

Answer by armymommie08 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I don't use cloth diapers but the pampers sensitive are really good to help with rashes, plus there is a line on the diaper that turns a different color when the diaper is wet.
    madismom41108

Answer by madismom41108 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• its not that much laundry to do! i hate that excuse! if you buy enough diapers you wont have to wash everyday!
    i use them and i love them and i have no beef with them! i do however have a problem with all the chemicals that are being soaked into the earth and out children by disposables! and yes, even the expensive name brand diapers have gross chemicals in them!...
    for poo use a fleece liner and it makes clean up easier... i think seventh gen are great for the 1st few weeks when the poo is so nasty but after that i think cloth is the best way to go!
    pm me for more info!
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 6:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008