Do you judge people who have...

HIV/AIDS...?
I did, til I met someone and send VERY rude things only to find out later that they were born with it. Now I dont, and I feel horrible.
Do you judge people with this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no, even if they made bad choices or were born with it, they didnt ask for it to happen to them
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i actually dont know anyone with hiv or aids.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No, I don't. Never have. Only because I know that HIV can be contact through no fault of thier own in a lot of cases. I work in the medical field and people of all ages can contract HIV and it doesn't have to come from sexual acts.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• aww. no..i kind've thought it was gross until i read some of these replies...now i feel horrible myself.
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 2:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Why would you send VERY rude things to this person?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I actually hired someone back in the 90's with AIDS and he contracted it through drug use and his wife and child in turn contracted it. All the paranoia was overhyped by homophobes, not even educating themselves enough to know they can be born with it, kind of like the OP.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I only am careful around all people, not just those with aids. DH works at a hospital, so we are very very careful.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• nope not really
    mommiesboobear

Answer by mommiesboobear at 3:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• This question should be deleted. It's too judgmental and a very touchy subject for those with HIV or AIDS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Nope. why should you? You don't know their story, or their situation and you can't get it from them by looking at them or being their friend. Even if they did get it from having sex...who are you to judge??? Condoms break, they might not have known about the other person, and I know for a fact not everyone uses a condom 100% of the time so those of you that don't...it could be you...you just got lucky.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2009