My son has the flu, medication advice?

My son, is 7 months and just came down with the cough/cold. We took him to the doctor two days ago, when we started noticing the first signs. The doctor told me, he was small, to have any medicine. His chest seems to be a bit congested. Does anyone have any advice?

ilubbyoo

Asked by ilubbyoo at 2:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my poor little 7 month old is going through the same thing... all i can do for her is make sure she doesnt have a fever and if she does i can give her tylenol... i use a paper that the dr gave me for dosage. other then that i put vicks on her feet and put socks on her and then a sleeper so that she doesnt kick them off in the middle of the night ( for that i use reg vicks) and then i put some baby vicks on her chest... and just a dab under her nose... and also a vicks warm mister in her room... All of this i do at night before she goes to bed...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• try a vicks vaporizer it u have one if not take him into the bathroom and run a hot shower to steam up the room(it may help his congestion).
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 2:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2009