Are there still Miracles today? Why or Why not ?

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 12:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• For me I know that there are. When I was homeless and living in a tent for 3 months with my kids cause my Ex lost our home and ran off with all our money and belongings God was there. I would have people walk up to me that I did not even know and hand me just the amount of money I needed and say God told me I was supposed to give you this.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 12:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Seeing my daughter give birth having my husband die when the kids were young and I was disabled wondering how I would ever pay the mortgage some how every month a blessing came from no where. There truly are miracles each and every day. All you have to do is look around open your eyes and your heart and they will find you.
    Debi4Fun

Answer by Debi4Fun at 1:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• There is still a God today so yes there are still miracles!
    Sunshine1723

Answer by Sunshine1723 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Every day is a miracle, they are all around us, just open your eyes and mind.
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 2:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• YES THERE ARE!
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Sorry to disagree. There aren't miracles today because there never were any. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't. Fate decides.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• A baby is a miracle, just look at those little fingers and toes, and listen to him breathe!! A friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer and given less than 6 months to live, and over 3 years later, she's perfectly healthy, that's a miracle. My husband has a cousin who was diagnosed with a brain tumor and given 6 months to live, 20 years ago and he's still alive, tell me that's not a miracle!! Every time a person is saved from their sins, that's the greatest miracle of all!! Disagree with me all you want, the fact that we're even still alive and able to discuss these things is a miracle!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I would like to share a poem i wrote after i started believing:::
    When i sit here thinking of the pulling tides, The wind sings and the ocean crys The waters filled so crystal blue, everyday is born something new THIS world is a beatiful place The mountains at there highest peak The different colors on a birds beak The unique rush of the sun setting slowly how clear white it appears when its snowy This world is a beatiful place The gentle touch in a mothers hand The strong voice in a fathers demand A baby born so pure and sweet The tiny toes on a toddlers feet Flowers that smell so pleasent and real the distinguished tast of a ripe orange peel the wisdon in an old mans sound heaven on earth can be found This world is a beatifull place
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 9:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My children are miracles. Only God could make something so precious.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Many, many things are seemingly miraculous, or unexplainable. However, I don't believe that one can deem a baby being born a "miracle." Babies have been being born for millenia!

I believe in the power of intention - we send our intentions out there, and we create our own realities. People CAN pick up on this! Motivesmom, I believe that your gift of money came from God, but our understanding of "God" is different. I believe that your believing that God would somehow deliver that money made it happen. Is that a miracle? Depends on how your define it. However, it sounds like just like an occurrence out of Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret."

If there are still miracles, they are being done on a much less "grand" scale than in the OT.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2008