discharge

ok im 17 weeks on Monday and i am still having the white discharge.. i hate it cuz the wet feeling so my question is about when or how far along does it stop

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 2:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It lasted about half of the pregnancy with my first two. With my 3rd, it was constant throughout the whole pregnancy. I know, It's really annoying. I would use baby powder in my panties to help absorb it. Another thing, just to be sure, is to have the doc to check you for an infection... not a yeast infection, but bacterial vaginosis can do this, and is very common in pregnancy.

airforcewifemom

Answer by airforcewifemom at 2:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• airforcewifemom is right... but typically you would know if you had a BV injection because of the smell... not prego and have had it on going after every period for 2 years. use pantiliners if it turns out to be nothing... (just so you know, on the akaline/acidic scale yeast and BV are at two opposite ends)
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 3:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Cervical fluid is perfectly healthy and normal. EVERY WOMAN HAS CERVICAL FLUID!!!!!!! And it CHANGES!!!!!!!!!
    It is due to hormones.
    You will not need this book for a few more months, but I suggest you pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" EVERY woman pick up a copy, not just the OP.. (Dear god, LuvsDanika, you're not serious, are you???)
    And DO NOT put baby powder in your panties- baby powder is very contraversial due to its cancer link.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I am 34.5 weeks along and it just increases as I go along. Mine is white lotion like.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• There are different types of baby powder... the one in question is talc based. Most baby powder these days is cornstarch, which is safe.
    airforcewifemom

Answer by airforcewifemom at 2:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2009