What is the best formula?

Long story short...I know that babies will take differently to formulas but im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

ArmyWifeNewMom

Asked by ArmyWifeNewMom at 3:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Emfamil Gentlease, it worked wonders on my daughter. It was the 3rd one we tried, the other 2 made her vomit terribly.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Carolyn- what were the other two formulas that made her vomit so bad??
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 3:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I forget the actual name, but it was a Similac Organic or something like that, and then just a regular Similac.
    We also tried just plain Emfamil, but I noticed she was more constipated with it. But that may have been a result of other things.

One thing to remember about switching formulas...they don't work instantly, so if you change, give it a week to let the little body adjust, unless it is something obvious like extreme vomiting like Kaylee had.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Emfamil AD, I tried the other formulas and they either got him sick or got him very gassy. Then a again every babies different.
    mommiesboobear

Answer by mommiesboobear at 3:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• at first anything BUT enfamil nutramigen was terror on my son... now at 9 months he takes enfamil with iron greatly but when he was 2-6 months (i could no longer BF at 2 months due to NO supply) OMG nutramigen was the only thing that worked!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Similac Advanced with Iron worked great for my 2 kiddos Enfamile made my son throw up a lot so I switched to similac and fell in love with it, I havent tried anything else with my daughter.

The key is finding which is best for your baby Good Luck :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• WIC provided Enfamil Lipil w/ iron....but we had to switch my oldest to soy to help with constipation.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Get organic if you can or Emfamil Gentlease
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• with my first she was on enfamil soy concentrate wic provided, with my second origianal it was similac advanced, then similac in the orange can, then we had to switch her to soy so isomil (all three of these were horrible for her) so finally we put her on nestle goodstart and that works wonderfully and target brand is almost identical to it and is 1/2 the price, i waited till she was 6 months to switch her to the target brand.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Breast milk.
    Anonymous