My 7 year old already has acne!!!!

Is anyone else's really you g child going through this? She will be 8 in July. Do we just let it take it's course or is there something I can clean her face with that won't make it worse ? She is getting lots of bumps. Ones that actually turn into puss white heads.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2012 in General Parenting

• What kind of diet does she have?
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2012

• It seems a bit young for that... Are they confined to one area of the face? Have you mentioned it to her ped?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2012

• Not a bad one. She prefers water over every other liquid. She doesn't like any meat other than fish sticks and chicken nuggets (I prepare home made. She loves fruits and veggies. They do eat processed snacks like chips, honey buns, gold fish, crackers, fruit snacks, yogurt, dry cereal, etc.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2012

• We have a doctors appt tomorrow at 11.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2012

• My son had a facial dermatitis he gets around his mouth and nose. They also look a lot like little pimples. That's why I asked. I am sure there must be other dermatological issues that can cause pimple like symptoms. Glad you have an Appt! Hopefully it will be nothing and a quick fix and you won't have to deal with acne for another few years!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2012

• have her wash her face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Yes To Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before she washes her face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked

Answer by rkoloms at 7:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2012