the story of job

yes it seems to have hit upon a nerve and we all interpret the bible differently, thru ignorance or lack of teaching or superintelligance? all we need to agree upon is that job had fiath and tat shud be our influence shouldnt it, not to fall down in self pity and allow ourselves to feel victimised but to summon our faith in the truth and our end destiny and be as honest and unlazy as we can. believe in your heart and your true self and dont falter even at the hardest battle, etectec. isnt misinterpretation the reason why so many innocent people die for no reason in lond old holy wars tat never end.

angelmomma2

Asked by angelmomma2 at 5:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree. Job should be an example to us all about faith. In the face of the worst possible circumstances, Job stayed faithful to God. Even when his wife told him to "curse God and die", Job never waivered in his faith,and in the end, God rewarded him even greater for that faith.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have seen a great deal of misunderstanding about Job (as well as a lot of the rest of the Bible). Mostly, and not just here, it is from people who have read the Bible but not really studied it, that is the most frustrating part. True study of the Bible is more than simply reading it in a year. It is delving into the topics and moving between to books to find correlations. It takes years to study the Bible in detail, more than just a few years. I have been studying the Bible all my life and still find more to study.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• of course , we study the bible daily as we live our lives and own emotions as honestly as we can.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• The story of Job taught me that his god is a cruel, selfish, manipulative bastard and not one I would EVER consider worthy of worship. So I am still happily free of both Job and his sadistic deity.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• clapping

witchqueen, you took the words right out of my mouth!

indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yeah, so cruel, selfish and manipulative that He gave back twice what was lossed. HMMM... I'll stick with Job's God!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• me too BlessedMommy64 :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have a problem with God "allowed" Satan to kill Job's kids. THEY weren't part of the deal, and having some more doesn't seem like any kind of compensation. All to prove a point. Sadistic, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• True study of the Bible is more than simply reading it in a year.

True. However a year is a beginning. If you want to throw stones at least know who you are dealing with - I have studied the Scriptures for 40 years.

How long have you glanced through them to cherry-pick?

Not feeling the effects of all you guy's energy infusions thrown my way. LOL.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009