does anyone else?

Does anyone else get cold sores on the outside rim of the nostril?What can I do for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Health

• Zovarix is the prescription ointment.

Blistex is over the counter and may help.

Answer by Bmat at 9:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• buy sum lavender oil and apply a drop or two neat, or use pure tea tree oil or sum perfume even. u can use lavender a soon as u feel a slight tingle of them coming on and dab with a bud or your finger on the area. a small amount, and tat always stop it. these have soothing, anitseptic qualities that will dry out any scabs if it gets blistered, and also prevets scarring of skin. they must be pure essential oils, not blended.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Your doctor can prescribe an oral med or ointment that helps a lot. Also, I've had luck with a chapstick product that comes in a tube, I can't think of the name right now. It has a bit of menthol in it to cool the area, and it really seems to help stop the blister and to help it heal.

Answer by Bmat at 9:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2009