Morning sickness really getting on top of me.

Has anyone found anyway to sort of combat it a little? Because this isn't just the morning it's all day sickness and really affects everything I do because if I'm not actually sick the nausea is overwhelming. And I've got other kids so I can't stop or slow down even for a moment, and I'm out of the first trimester and it's still awful. Please ladies, anything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This helped me a bit.. I suffered 9 months also...I had a cut lemon with me at all times, or a glass of water with lots of lemon juice. The smell really help stiffle the wave of nausea. Take a deep breath and slowly breath out. Also ginger chews from whole foods where in my pocket when I was on the go. I have heard that those braceletts for motion sickness with the pressure points helped some ladies but I never actually tried them. I see them at my pharmacy. oh also, I found that never having a totaly empty stomache helped. Even if its just plain crackers or pretzels or whatever my kid didn't finish eating :) Keep a package of saltines next to the bed for midnight snacks. You may gain a bit more than you want but hey you'll run it off chasing the kids around anyway! LOL
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• ask your doctor but I used unisom. It's actually a sleeping pill, but I used a half of one in the morning and either a half to a full one at night. I don't know why but it seemed to take the edge off the sickness. My midwife suggested it. It may cause you to be a little drowsy, but I prefer to be a little sleepy over the horrid morning sickness.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Smoke a bowl of weed.. lol no try for some preggie pops or ask your doc for compazine or phenergan (sp) i take the compizine and man does it really help..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2009