Are there any other recovering addicts out there?

I am 8 years sober and the mother of 2 beautiful boys 2 years old and 4 months old. It has been a hard road but I am blessed with a life I never thought I could have. I lost everything and thought the end was near but I found strength and love and maternity was my savior. I was wondering if there were any others out there that know what its like to overcome. How did you do it? Do you still have hard days? How do you stay sober?

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Health

• I'm not but my older half sister is, and my brother is an addict.

I just want to say congratulations and I hope that you continue on your road of sobriety!

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i was a serious pot head and maternity was my salvation, is this the same.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have been clean 12 years now and don't look back. Dont miss it, could care less about it. It's a big part of my life that I regret. But I have learned from it.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 8:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I've been clean for 7 years, almost 8 in April. I don't regret all the fun I had, I have some great memories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2009