SCARED AND WORRIED!!

I'M ALMOST 6 WEEKS PREGNANT AND LATELY I'VE BEEN SCARED BECAUSE ON LAST OCTOBER 20TH I HAD A MISCARRIAGE AND MY DOCTOR GAVE ME THE OK TO START RIGHT AWAY WHICH I DID AND 2 MONTHS LATER I GET PREGNANT,THE THING IS THAT I'M SO SCARED THAT I'M GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER MISCARRIAGE WHICH I SHOULDNT THINK LIKE THAT.I'M SCARED THAT WHEN I GO FOR MY FIRST ULTRASOUND THAT THEY'RE NOT GOING TO SEE THE BABY.I KNOW I HAVE TO BE POSITIVE.I MEAN I HAVE ALL THE PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS AND I'M ALWAYS TIRED.ONE THING IS THAT I GET THIS PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK AT NIGHT AND IT SCARES ME TREMENDOUSLY,MY FIRST DOCTORS APPOINTMENT IS ON TUESDAY.HAS THIS EVER HAPPEN TO ANYONE AND EVERYTHING CAME OUT OK?WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF SOMETHING WRONG IS GOING TO HAPPENED?PLEASE HELP ME!!!

BABY312

Asked by BABY312 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Miscarriages are very common. I heard a stat. that something like 80% of women will have a miscarriage at some point in their reproductive lives. This being said, having a miscarriage does not affect your future fertility or ability to have a healthy baby. The first miscarriage has nothing to do with this pregnancy, so you should try your best to forget it and not stress yourself out. Back pain is normal and nothing to be worried about at 6 wks. I felt a lot of weird symptoms early in my pregnancy that I never feel now. The only thing to really be concerned about is blood. You will be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It is completely understandable that you are worried about another loss. Accept this child on its own. It's a new day. Try not to stress (is that possible?) and take one day at a time. You didn't do anything to cause the last miscarriage. You haven't done anything wrong. Hang on to hope and trust that this can happen for you. Congratulations!!! Now, BREATHE!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have had two in the past year and completely understand. I personally would wait on the u/s. There is to high of a chance that early on it just might not pick it up and causes way to much extra stress and worry. I made my first apt for 12 weeks to avoid all that. Many women in my due date group went early and were told there was no heart beat etc only for it to be there the next apt. Why cause more stress? It is hard not knowing, but at the same time I dont think I could take the news again. And if they were wrong and the baby was ok, I think I'd punch them!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i would just calm down worrying and stressing over this can cause you too do so take it easy and see what happens only time can tell be positive
    Anonymous