my 9 month odl has been goin to bed at 8 pm and getting up at 4 am.

we dont know how to fix this. it seems to have become a habit...and we try to ignore him for a minute so he gets up and starts shaking the crib railing and i dont know what to do. im exhaustedddd

connorsmommy418

Asked by connorsmommy418 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe put him to bed later? Shorten naps during the day so he is more tired at night?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• my son who's only 6 monthes but he has been trying to pull this same crap with me he used to go to bed and sleep from 7:30 until 7;30 without waking up but not so much now. i've been letting him take WAY shorter naps one hour in the morning and an hour and a half tops in the afternoon it seems to be working. i kept him up until almost 9 yesterday and he slept until 8. i hope you can get this resolved because i know exactly how you feel.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Hi:

It looks like you are putting him to bed too early. Try putting him down at 9:00pm. If you can, try keeping him up until then. If he naps to much during the day, then that could be why he wakes so early. I would feed him close to bedtime. Maybe put some rice cereal with his milk. (Makes tummy feel fuller, therefore, making him sleep longer). Hope this info helps.
    MommyMarjorie

Answer by MommyMarjorie at 10:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2009